With the recent storm affecting much of the Philadelphia region – some are still without power. Chester County Emergency Management reported 25 cases of carbon monoxide poisoning the day after the storm. Most of the cases involved gas grills or gas powered generators being used to heat homes. One family of five was hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning after attempting to heat their home with a grill. Another family was hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning after using a portable generator placed in their sunroom. Some people (maybe one of your neighbors) don’t know they are endangering their lives by their method to keep warm.
Share what you know, it may save a family.
Here are two OSHA Quick Cards that provide useful information relating to carbon monoxide poisoning and portable generator safety. Take a minute to read the information. Also below is a link to a website where additional Quick Cards and information can be found specific to winter weather hazards.
Comments are closed.